How To Listen To Podcasts In 6 Easy Steps
Here’s a quick start guide to go from hearing people talk about podcasts to listening to them yourself.
Follow the steps associated with whichever type of device you have.
- Open the “Podcasts” app. This is a default app which comes on all new iPhones. If you’re using an older model you can search the App Store and download it for free.
- Tap the third icon on the bottom titled “Browse.”
- Tap “Featured” and select something that looks interesting. You can delete this podcast later if need be.
- Looking at the show’s page, tap “Subscribe.”
- That show is now in the “Library” section. You can find it by tapping on the icon on the bottom of the screen.
- In the “Library” section tap “Episodes” to see all the episodes from the show you’re subscribed to. Touch the top one to start listening.
You are now subscribed to a podcast, meaning, each time that podcast has a new episode, it will show up automatically. You can listen at your convenience in the car, while exercising, or at home; all through your phone.
- Open “Google Play Music.” This is an app that should come on your phone by default. If not, you can download it in Google Play app store.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner. It looks like three horizontal lines.
- Select “Podcasts” from that list.
- That will bring you to featured podcasts. Find one that looks interesting and tap on it. You can delete this podcast later if need be.
- Looking at the show’s page, tap “Subscribe.” You will get a pop up with multiple options. Make sure notifications are selected on the pop up so you will know when a new episode comes out.
- You can find that podcast you subscribed to at the top, under “Your Podcasts.” Tap it to start listening.
That’s it. You’re officially a podcast listener. Congrats. Now comes the fun part of sorting through the thousands of shows that might interest you. There are plenty of good ones out there.
If you do want to try a new podcast app on iPhone, you should check out Overcast. It has something super special about it.